Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Intro

Jord and I were married October 8th, 2005. Yep, we’re going on 5 years! Hard to believe that we’re an old married couple and have spent five years in Chicago. We’ve had a lot of fun while living there, from numerous Cubs games, attending weddings of so many friends and family, traveling and, more recently, working on our Chicago List. We’ll certainly miss Chicago, but are excited about all the opportunities that lay ahead! I’m looking forward to getting involved in the community and pursuing my love of event planning.

I’m a graduate of Iowa State University, with a degree in Hotel, Restaurant and Institution Management. I joined Alpha Gamma Delta as a student at ISU, and met some of my very favorite gals at Rho Chapter, 2118 Sunset. I am currently on Rho House Association, and am so proud to still be involved with Alpha Gam.

I currently work at Deere as an administrative assistant. I spent four years working at Lincoln International as an executive assistant. Not exactly in my field of study, but it was a good experience and I certainly learned a lot about the professional world.

We’re moving back to our hometown of Davenport, IA to be closer to family. Luckily we have been renters, so nothing to worry about as far as selling a home. We went through the treacherous process of finding jobs, and were fortunate to both get job offers within the same week. Once that was checked off the list, we made an offer on 2132 Fairhaven. It isn’t exactly our dream home, but we loved the location and saw the potential in the house. This blog will chronicle all things related to our home and a new chapter in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment