Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Present Day

So that brings us to today, August 31st. It was my 6th day on the new job – no comment. I’m mooching off my parents for a couple weeks – not only am I staying at their house but I’m eating their food and driving their car. But Sarah is staying at our apartment, so I figure it all evens out.
Roof in progress
Franco almost had the new roof done by the time I did my daily drive-by. I snagged a scrap piece of the roofing tiles to make sure the shade of gray that we’ve chosen to paint the exterior will work.  Looks good!

This past weekend I had to drive back to Chicago for several reasons: Jord needed the car back and we had previously made plans with The Fun Girls. Jord drove Sarah, my mom and I around Chicago all day Saturday trying to find the perfect 3-bedroom apartment for Sarah and her new roomies. After a frustrating morning of looking at dump after dump, Sarah spotted a For Rent sign and called the number. We met the landlord 15 minutes later and had found the ideal place for her to live, not to mention for us to visit as its only ½ mile from Wrigley. 

The Fun Girls arrived that evening, and we danced the night away in Wrigleyville, followed by Sunday spent at the Drake having high tea. So very contradictory, but I got another thing checked off our Chicago List by going to tea at the Drake, and we had a lovely time.
The Fun Girls, specifically Kelly and Meagan, encouraged me to write this blog. I had been thinking about it for the past couple weeks and brought up the idea this weekend. With their promise that I would have at least three readers, Sarah included, I thought I’d give it a try. Thanks girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment