Sunday, March 27, 2011

Junior Circle QCA

My endeavor to begin a Junior Circle of Alpha Gam alumnae is off and running. I started gathering names and information from International Headquarters months ago, and we finally had our first event today. I wanted to host an informal meeting to gage interest, so I invited local alums to my house for Sunday brunch.


The simple menu consisted of egg wontons, an assortment of breads courtesy of Lindsay Hanger, fruit with dip, cream puffs, brownies and mimosas. I wanted to keep it easy, especially because I always go overboard and Jord continually proves this point. These wontons are a dream – they’re delicious and always a hit at parties, plus you can fill them with anything. We’ve tried them with varieties of meat, potatoes and egg and I haven’t run into a combination I didn’t enjoy.

There were 10 women in total, the group primarily consisting of Iowa Staters. We also welcomed several graduates from two other universities and hopefully they will spread the word to their respective chapters. The discussion covered various items, but the chief topic was our future as a group and what kind of events we’d like to provide. Since we have women interested in this venture from as far as Iowa City and in all directions, we’ll have to interchange locations. We’ll also alternate the type of events, from social to philanthropy. I’d say this was a success and I look forward to the potential opportunities for our group.

No comments:

Post a Comment