Friday, April 22, 2011

The Possibilities of a Three Day Weekend

Oh how I adore a three day weekend! Recently, I’ve been in a better groove of working out and cooking dinner, so last night I did just that. I tried a new recipe for a chicken and linguine casserole – not bad – with some cheddar biscuits. So far, all the recipes that I’ve attempted have been “not bad”, according to both Jord and I. Nothing has wowed us, but what do you expect for a newbie in the kitchen? We'll just continue to try new things until I find some specialties.

There are limitless possibilities for this weekend! Who knows what out of town guests may arrive and the exciting happenings to follow! We do know that we’re having my family over for dinner tonight. We’re planning a batch of homemade mac and cheese for this last Friday of Lent, an absolute classic in the Collins clan, along with some mashed potato wontons that are becoming our new favorite. And we also have Easter Sunday mapped out, starting with my family for mass and brunch at the Hotel Blackhawk, sure to be swanky and delicious, then some quality time with Jord’s family. Who knows what will happen in the meantime – it’s sure to be better than any old regular two day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment