Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Royal Wedding Preparations


I have a long list of preparations to complete this week in anticipation of the royal wedding. We’re having afternoon tea to commemorate the occasion – it was originally my cousin Kelly’s idea, but we decided to host the little party at our house. Although Jord is playing butler for the gathering, his role apparently doesn’t include the last-minute responsibilities. I’ve been working on decorations, my inspiration stemming from Kate’s engagement ring. I have silver to polish, the tea set to clean, recipes to procure, a playlist to create, table linens to launder, the DVR to set, champagne to chill. I’ve doled out some of the menu items, but my main concern is actually making tea. I’d love to make it the “English” way, but as a non-tea drinker I have my doubts. It wouldn’t be much of a tea party without tea! And since we have to work on Friday, we’ll be watching the recording of the wedding and all the hype on Saturday during the party. I don’t know if I’ll be able to wait that long to see everything!

1 comment: