Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Alright, That's Enough

Home Sweet Home

One year down. I’ve given it a valiant effort, but I’m over this blogging thing. So much has happened and I’m appreciative to have a place to look back on this time in our lives. We can no longer say we just moved back, we just bought a house, we just started new jobs. After one year, we are officially Davenport residents. We’ve accomplished a lot in this house, transforming this little outdated ranch into a home we love and could live in for many years to come. I’ve achieved some personal goals, chiefly getting involved with the community. As a board member of the St. Patrick Society, a member of the Junior League, and founder of the Alpha Gamma Delta Junior Circle alumnae group of the Quad Cities, I feel like I’m on the right track to being an active community member. I’ve also made great strides professionally, and hope to continue making contacts and gaining experience to one day become a full-time, self-employed event planner with a cute little shop (hopefully in the East Village).

I’ll leave you with some photos that I’ve taken throughout the house (omitting the bathrooms and basement since we haven't worked on those yet), something I’ve been meaning to do for awhile now. Yes, there’s more work to be done but we’ll take our time. Perhaps I’ll start blogging again when we start our next big project, the basement remodel or the deck construction. In the meantime, you can find us gallivanting around the Quad Cities.


Living Room

Living Room

Living Room

Dining Room

Sun Porch

Kitchen

Kitchen

Kitchen (soon to be home of built-in banquette)

Den

Den

Den

Master Bedroom

Master Bedroom

Office

Office

Office

10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty design pick for the whole house. Neat and clean.Love the ruff edges. =)


    thebookness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you home looks wonderful! I love the porch..can I come for tea sometime? :-) xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgsh this place is so chic!! i absolutely love it, your decorating is amazing and very classy. I saw that you used to live in chicago, and I am hopefully transferring there soon for college!! great blog :))

    nussbaumfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful. :)
    Do you like follow each other? I´d be glad. Let me know. Melly ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there, lovely blog. Would be happy if you visit also mine.
    Best, SH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the interior design! =)

    pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got some really cool furniture peices. I love that yellow dresser!

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THE YELLOW DRESSER! Beautiful home!
    Happy to be following along with your blog now!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a lovely home. and decorated so cute! Hope someday you return to the blogosphere=)

    xo
    http://shanelesheek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these pictures and the house!Love your blog! Hope you will visit mine and let me know if you want to follow each other : )

    http://flairbybrandi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete