Monday, August 22, 2011

River Roots Live

River Roots Live

Jord and I attended River Roots Live on Friday night, a free music festival at LeClaire Park in downtown Davenport. The Gin Blossoms were the headliner of the evening, so we knew some of their oldies.

On Saturday we stopped at a garage sale that my dad had scoped out on Friday and finally found our church pew! I've been searching for almost a year now, and this was definitely worth the wait. It's in pieces at the moment, but the detailing is exactly what I was looking for. We're going to hire a carpenter to try and piece this together to make a banquette in the kitchen, but if that doesn't work we have plenty of other spots for it.

Church pew

We had a Junior League picnic to attend that evening and I signed up to take a dessert to share. I decided on the “s’more on a stick” that I found on Pinterest. Simple enough, and quite tasty! After the picnic we headed back downtown for the second night of River Roots, this time to enjoy Blues Traveler. Man, were there a ton of people down there!

S'mores on a stick

We spent Sunday by my parents’ pool recuperating. It’s one of the last weekends to enjoy the pool before my mom closes up for the season! And we helped my dad with a batch of Irish Stew for the Quad Cities Irish Festival next weekend. I also worked on a super secret birthday surprise for my mom, which will be revealed soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment