Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Figge Fun

Figge Art Museum

Jord and I attended the weekly event Thursdays at the Figge last week. I had this on my to-do list since the beginning of the summer, but it kept getting pushed back for one reason or another. We didn't know what to expect, so we first stopped for dinner at the new downtown spot Barrel House 211. It was pretty good, but we could have eaten at the Figge had we known better. We checked out the current exhibitions, including The Art of Seating and Water Views, and enjoyed a cocktail while listening to musician Ellis Kell. I'm glad that we got out and supported the museum!

Luke enjoying the boat ride

Dad and Luke on the ferris wheel

Luke playing in the sprinkler

We had a relatively relaxing weekend. I went to the Mississippi Valley Fair with my mom, dad and Luke on Saturday afternoon. We took it all in - the animals, rides, games, and, of course, fair food. My parents stayed at the fair for the concert and I took Luke home for a sleepover, his first at our house. He wore himself out pretty quickly - running through the sprinkler, playing ball with Jord, coloring - and surprised us by going to bed on his own accord. He left early the next morning, so Jord and I got some yardwork done before heading down to the East Village to see the British Auto Fest. Maybe someday we'll be owners of one of these beauties!

British Auto Fest

No comments:

Post a Comment