Thursday, October 14, 2010

Damaged Goods

I didn’t believe it this morning when Jord called me and said that the stove had arrived damaged. Sears has sent us two major appliances that have been damaged – the refrigerator had scratches and rust and the stove has dents. It isn’t clear if this is a manufacturer issue or a Sears issue, but it is unacceptable. The deliverymen installed the dented stove for us to use in the meantime, since we didn’t know how long it would be until the new one arrived. They now claim that the replacement will arrive with a pre-delivery inspection this Saturday. Shouldn’t they inspect all items before delivery? And why did we have to wait five weeks for the stove to arrive, and now they can get a second one to us in just two days? One good thing came from this: they realized that we don’t have the correct outlet for the stove hook-up, so we can try and remedy that in time before the next delivery. Right now the cord is stretched over the counter.  Now we need to try and get an electrician over before Saturday. I have to say though, I'm happy with the model we picked out. We didn't get to see it in the store as it was a special order item, but I think it fits the space just right.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Fran At Fairhaven,

    I found your blog here and I wanted to reach out to you to offer some assistance. I'm so terribly sorry you've endured not one bad delivery experience with Sears, but two. I know how frustrating and disappointing receiving new and expensive items that are damaged must be. I'm sorry Sears has let you down. I'm Scott, and I with the Sears Social Media Support team; we'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the appliances were purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (FRAN AT FAIRHAVEN) in the email so we can reference to your case.

    Thank you,

    Scott J.
    Social Media Support

    ReplyDelete