Thursday, October 21, 2010

Projects

Luke helping Mom with the tulip bulbs
Tuesday night my mom and I started spray painting two chandeliers, one for the sun porch and one for the office. I love chandeliers and aspire to have one in every room, minus the master bedroom where we require a ceiling fan (which happened to be installed today). This is just the beginning of my painting projects. Once those are done and installed, I’ll move on to painting the interior of our built-in china cabinet. I found some cute red knobs from Anthropologie for the cabinet doors, inspiring me to paint the inside red. All of our china is still in boxes, so I’m anxious to finish this and get the boxes unpacked. I also have to paint the broom closet – forgot to have the painters do this and since we’ve exceeded six weeks with them at the house, I’d rather just do it myself at this point. And I can’t forget about the furniture, including two chairs and a dresser. I’m painting the frame of the chairs white, then sending them to the upholsterer with fabric we found at IKEA. The dresser will be black and is reserved for the office. Just wait for the before and after pictures!

Since my mom had Tuesday and Thursday nights off from swim team this week, she generously agreed to help me during her extra free-time. We did our painting Tuesday, so tonight we planted tulip and muscari bulbs as well as the shrubs we bought weeks ago. These were two things I just couldn't seem to start without her assistance. Even though it’s getting a little late in the season for this type of planting, we wanted to get it done and will just hope for the best come spring. Grass seed and mulch still need to go down - we're aiming for Saturday if the weather cooperates. We were delayed by the painters, who we hoped would be done weeks ago. Hopefully this weekend will mark the completion of the painting and the end of the majority of our yard work for the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment