Thursday, December 9, 2010

New Wheels


I guess we’re Honda Civic people. We bought a Civic Hybrid a few years ago, and it’s seen us through many a road trip. My parents generously lent us a car for the last few months during our transition, but last week it was determined that we needed to get our very own second car. The old blue Toyota Camry – the one that I drove throughout college and our first couple years of marriage, then Sarah inherited as she went off to college – finally bit the dust, so Sarah needed a reliable car in Chicago and she took over the car I had been driving since August. I knew the day would come sooner or later! After all, it was the 1989 model. Jord and I test drove some vehicles – VW Passat, Honda Insight, Accord and Civic. After weighing our options, we decided to lease a 2011 Honda Civic. I liked the Insight, but they only had a base model, excluding all the bells and whistles. So the Civic won us over yet again! I thought it would be weird for us to have identical cars, but mine is a divine shade of navy, plus it has more power since it’s not the hybrid version. I really want to have an SUV, contrary to my green ways, but that will have to wait a few years.

1 comment:

  1. RIP to The old blue Toyota Camry, what a sad day! Oh well, good gain for you two! =]

    ReplyDelete