Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Productivity

Yesterday I was super-productive all morning while the new window and sliding door were being installed. I holed up in my office with my supplies: Diet Coke, blanket and gloves (it was in the low 50s in here while they were working), and my list. I was able to check numerous things off, including sending out invitations for my very first real party - a baby shower for Jord's sister Meagan. I also started sifting through the information to start an Alpha Gam Junior Circle for the Quad Cities, something I've been wanting to do since the moment we moved. There are other items that I accomplished as well, but I won't bore you with the details.

Picture window has finally been replaced
The installation guy came to find me when they were done and asked me to sign something after I looked at their work. To my horror, they had installed a sliding door that opened on the opposite side. I tried to point out the mistake, but his lack of English was a problem. I frantically called Jord to make sure he had ordered it correctly. Long story short, we ordered it one way and they ordered it from the manufacturer another way. So now we have to wait for another few weeks for the replacement to come in and be installed. The picture window looks great though!

No comments:

Post a Comment