Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tis the Season

Thursday night we had a small gathering. Some of my mom’s co-workers from Adams Elementary stopped by for a cocktail and to get a tour of the house. We had a couple hors d'oeuvres paired with a festive drink – champagne mixed with apple cider and garnished with a cinnamon stick. I was trying to recreate a concoction I had at Maggiano’s about this time last year, although I was off the mark a bit. It was tasty though! Jord and I were stressing all week to prepare, trying to get little projects done. Now I feel like we can relax a bit, although Carpenter is still working on some things that I hope will be complete by next week. Once he’s done, Jord will meticulously finish the painting. We have to remember that this is the season to spend time with family, not worry about the little details of our house! Although it is gratifying to see how far we’ve come in just three short months.


One of the tasks I was determined to finish before our little party was wrapping presents. It really completes the look of the Christmas tree! I had procrastinated a bit, so on Wednesday night I had quite the chore ahead of me. I was done in a snap, and remembered how much I love gift-wrapping. Even though I hadn’t stocked up on Christmas wrap, I had enough to make each present different from the next. I will definitely be making a stop at Paper Source this weekend in Chicago to stockpile their wrapping paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment