Sunday, November 28, 2010

Crafting Debut

What a nice long Thanksgiving weekend! We have so much to be thankful for, even if we don’t always take time to acknowledge it. It was a wonderful time to appreciate our family and our many blessings.

I’ll try to give a brief summary of the family festivities. Wednesday night we had dinner at my parents’ – my mom made her specialty meatloaf for Jord. We hurried home to finish cleaning and do a couple chores before the out-of-towners arrived. On Thursday, we attended the typical family events – Jord’s family gathered at his Aunt Patty’s house and from there we headed to the Collins dinner at the Cunnick’s. The Cunnick’s décor continues to amaze me! I can only strive to have such an array of holiday adornments. Stuffed to the brim, we went home and to bed early for the long Friday ahead.


Collins cousins enjoying some "crafted" cocktails

We had mass and brunch on Friday morning with the Collins clan. Afterwards, we had our inaugural cousin crafting event at our house. I don’t really know if you can call it crafting – at my mom’s suggestion, we did something a little different this time. We “crafted” cocktails. I asked everyone to bring a recipe and ingredients for their signature drink. I provided the shooters (jello shots), a tradition among the cousin crafting affairs in the recent years. A dance party ensued into the night. Needless to say, it was incredible!

I had intended to recruit Sarah and do some Christmas decorating, but the weekend slipped away from us. Hopefully I'll be productive this week and get it all done!

1 comment:

  1. Cocktails/Crafting+Dancing= Another genius idea from the Schmitzster

    Confession: that second round of Vodka Collinses was jenky. I didn't have enough lemon juice so I just dumped in the juice from the cherry jar. Gross! Nobody seemed to notice though...

    ReplyDelete