Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Re-upholstery

My dad and I picked up our two re-upholstered chairs on Friday. I wanted to give them their own post, that’s how much I love them! Had to do some minor paint touch-ups once we got them home, but otherwise they came back perfect!


The first chair has some significance. I found it in my parents’ garage attic, along with some other treasures. It used to belong to Granny Bea, my mom’s grandmother. Worn and falling apart, no one else had nabbed it yet. But I saw the potential and I love having a piece with a bit of history. I found some navy and white striped fabric at IKEA, reverting back to my comfort zone. We sprayed the wood white and made some repairs before sending it off. The chair didn’t have a particular destination, but it looks lovely in the living room against the dark walls.


The office chair was picked up at Bruce’s in downtown Davenport. The place is a bit sketchy, so we had to do some searching. We were there looking for Sarah’s apartment furniture, and she spotted this chair. She has such a good eye, and luckily she thought I should purchase it rather than get it for herself. And she was so generous as to give me the black and white fabric, again from IKEA, which she had bought for curtains but no longer needed. Just a little white spray paint before the upholstery and voila! The back cushion was tufted, but because of the design she wasn’t able to keep that feature. Although it’s not a traditional office chair, it works for me. Now the office is almost complete – I just need to find some window treatments and a couple guest chairs and it’ll be finished.

3 comments:

  1. It's so exciting to see the chairs finished!!!Absolutely love your fabric choices~

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS. Seriously. I knew they would turn out great, but these are truly gorgeous. I love your bold fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so GREAT! I cannot wait to seem the in person! Such good choices :)

    ReplyDelete