Sunday, November 21, 2010

To the Dome

Cheering on the Regals
We spent Saturday at the UNI-Dome watching Iowa City Regina win the 2A state championship game against North Polk. Had to break out all our gold and navy for team spirit! It was a fun day with family and a memorable end to my cousin Joe’s senior football season. I only wish we could have driven a few miles farther to Waverly for a trip down memory lane. Wartburg, where Jord went to college and played football, had a home game but it was at the same time as the Regina final. I didn’t care to go to the game as much as The Diner for a cheese frenchy. Yum! I also regret that I couldn’t meet the girls in Williamsburg on Sunday for a day of shopping, but there’s too much to do at home before the onslaught of visitors next week. And I would have loved to go to Chicago for Sarah’s housewarming party – I’m dying to see her decorating. Too much to do for one weekend!

Office dresser is done!
The rest of the weekend was spent working on our list. I have a slew of things that I want done before Thanksgiving. Between my parents, Jord and I, a lot was crossed off in just a few short hours. The last two storm windows are painted and in place, the gutters and down spouts are cleaned out, most of the Christmas lights are up, the replaced garage shingles are painted, the office dresser is done and looks amazing, more pictures have been hung, the living room furniture has been re-arranged – you get the idea. As my grandpa used to say, we hit a good lick!

1st on the block to hang Christmas lights

2 comments:

  1. Seriously thank you guys so much for coming. I know that there were probably a million things that you would have rather been doing but I know it meant a lot to Joe even though he would NEVER say so!

    I can't WAIT to see all the changes! I hope that Schmidty at least got her beverage compensation she was telling us about!

    I am working on my signature cocktail! I am so perplexed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I love that the poof is blocking mollys face.

    ReplyDelete