Thursday, November 4, 2010

Rugs

Master Bedroom
The two rugs we ordered from Overstock.com came in on Monday. I stopped home quickly before heading to Iowa City for the Regina playoff game, so I schlepped them inside and tore off a corner of the packaging to get a glimpse. I liked what I saw, but didn’t get a good look until we opened them on Tuesday night. Exactly perfect, if I do say so myself! The one for the master bedroom is 8x10 with a brown and tan geometric pattern. It’s not as soft as Jord would like, but it’ll do. This delivery inspired us to finally move around the furniture, so our bed, dresser and nightstand are now in place. The room is so big that it looks pretty sparse, but I’m sure we’ll fill it up over time. Now we just need to figure out what to hang on the walls! Jord suggested life-size portraits of the two of us, but I think I’ll pass.

The rug for the living room is 6x9 with a beige and blue pattern. We couldn’t decide what size to order, but I didn’t want it too big so this seemed like a good middle-ground. I’m really happy with the design – I stepped outside my typical stripes for a change. Once we have some furnishing for the living room, I think this rug will be ideal for the seating arrangement I have in mind. This space is the farthest from done of all the rooms on the main floor – maybe because it’s the biggest area or maybe because all of our furniture from the apartment fits in the den – but I have a picture in my head that I’m striving for.

To go off subject, we hung up some curtains in the den last night. I ordered the finials from Anthropologie about a month ago, and found the curtains at Urban Outfitters within the same week – another pattern that’s outside my comfort zone. We had some trouble at our first attempt at putting them up, and they’ve been sitting there tormenting me for two weeks. I’m really happy with them; however, I might need to have a liner added as they aren’t very substantial.

Now we need to get serious – there’s a lot to do before Sarah arrives in town tomorrow night. This will be our debut since all the changes have been done! We’re far from finished, but I think she’ll be impressed with the progress thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment