Sunday, January 2, 2011

Insulation

Blocked from my office during
the insulation install
Insulation was installed in the attic on Thursday morning. An energy audit determined that this would help efficiency for both heating and cooling the house. It took a few hours, so once again I was forced to stay home and bundle up as they worked. This time I was in the den, as the access to the attic blocks the door to the office, so I had to choose one way or the other and I didn't want to be barricaded in the office for hours on end. Thus, I didn't get anything accomplished. But now that is one more thing checked off the list, and we should start noticing a difference in our heating bill. Jord also put some insulation in both fireplaces to block any draft as well as insulation around the pipes. So we're all set for the cold weather, better late than never. 

No comments:

Post a Comment