Thursday, January 6, 2011

Before & After

I’ve added more photos to the Before & After tab. We’ve worked on a lot of small projects and I like to see what a difference a little paint, knobs and fabric can do. There are even more in progress down in the basement! I haven’t determined how to show progress on the bigger before and after projects, like each room. The day we closed on the house, Jord went through and took a video of every room, so we have the before part covered. Uploading each video may be a bit tricky because of the size, but since all the rooms still need something or other done, I can worry about that later.


My favorite of all the little projects thus far has to be the small footstool for the office. I found this fabric as a remnant at Joann’s months ago, and bought it knowing it would come in handy. When I purchased the stool for next to nothing at the Holy Family bazaar, I knew I’d found the perfect item to use the fabric. After getting it home I considered changing my mind and leaving the wood dark and just adding blue and white fabric leftover from a chair, mainly because I was so sick of painting. I’m glad I stuck to it, because it turned out just as I hoped. And it’s very handy when either Jord or I get banished to the office to watch TV because the other is watching something awful in the den. At least we can put our feet up and relax. Oh how we can’t wait for the basement family room to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment