Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bridal Expo

My friend Lindsay and I went to the annual Jaycees Bridal Expo at the River Center on Saturday. I had intended to go in the past, but always had a conflict. I wanted to scope out the vendors and try to find some preferred companies to work with in the future, as well as check out my competition for event planning. Nothing too interesting to report, but I'm glad I went. It worked out well that I had a bride to go with!

We had quite a few visitors this weekend, both from Jord's family and mine. I left the Valentine's decor up until everyone left, then today I began the process of preparing the house for St. Patrick's Day. We'll be hosting a big party in honor of my dad, so I want to have plenty of time to tweak things so it looks perfect. St. Patrick's Day and all of the events that go with it have become all-consuming, so that will be my major focus for the next six weeks. I'll have to make time for my other commitments, but this is such a big deal for my family that I really want to make it special for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment