Tuesday, January 11, 2011

West Elm

West Elm image of silk dupioni curtain panels in pewter
I was so excited when I checked the mail yesterday and there was a West Elm coupon for 20% off my next order. What a coincidence! I had been adding and deleting items from my cart on their website for the last few days. Their store in Oak Brook was always on our route when we’d be out browsing, but I often forget to check them out online. I pared my cart down to the essentials, but it was still a big purchase. The big ticket item was curtains for the living room. The panels, silk dupioni in pewter, are only 48” wide so they’ll have to be altered to fit the large picture window, but they’ll be just right for the two smaller windows in the dining room. They are 96” long, so they’ll hang close to the ceiling for a dramatic effect. I also ordered corresponding curtain rods, but I’m going to try something to make them more unique. Sarah found a box of these things at an estate sale – I don’t know the correct term for them, but we like the look they create. This is definitely inspired by the show Sarah’s House! To round out the order are two yellow pendant lights for the kitchen – one above the sink and the other for the hallway above the pantry. I had to pass on some other lighting, curtains for the sun porch, a side table and a cocktail ottoman. Maybe next time!

Box of architectural thingamabobs

No comments:

Post a Comment