Thursday, January 20, 2011

Drapes


Things are looking up! The living/dining room finally has drapes. I found some curtain rods at Lowe’s – who knew it was so difficult to track down a 128” long rod? So last night, Jord and I tried to remain calm while we worked together to put up the drapes. The last time we did this, hanging the curtains in the den, it didn’t go so well. This time around was a little easier since they were being hung at the crown molding, meaning no mishaps with leveling. It turned out to be a three hour ordeal, but we got through it successfully. They look amazing, if I do say so myself. I think they’re more in the drape category rather than curtains. There’s probably not much of a difference, they just seem more formal or something. Jord commented that the neighbors would be mad that they can no longer see right into our house – we have so many passersby that are not shy about staring. Hey, I would be curious too! Anyways, what an improvement! The pewter color complements the navy walls beautifully. Granted, they are a little long – they are meant to have the rod through the top, called a “pole pocket”, however I prefer the look of using clips so they hang nicely. The clips bring the drapes down a few extra inches, so they puddle at the floor. We’ll live with them as-is for now, but may have to get them altered at some point.


Now we’re onto the final preparations for the party. Ironing table cloths, steaming drapes, cleaning every inch of the house. Tomorrow night we’ll get the last of the essentials and begin food prep: cutting veggies, making dips, preparing cake balls. Luckily I have delegated some of the menu items, so there isn’t too much to do in that department. And I get to pick out and arrange flowers, one of my very favorite things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment